This BLOG is my creative outlet for daily frustrations, pet peeves, and even humor! I hope you will enjoy and possibly identify with some of my stories.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE

Summer vacation is upon us and I have the good fortune to have a sister that is a teacher so she is off summers also, thus enabling her to tend my 6 year old daughter. My sister decided to buy a family season pass to the local zoo and she put down that she had five children (vice the three she really has) so that she could include my daughter and other niece. This leads me to the most recent escapade to the zoo.

My sister decided to take her three kids, my daughter, our nephew, and a family friend with her. Since none of them look like her she told them that if anyone asked them they were to say that they were her foster kids – I find this hilarious because only one of her three kids resembles her. Anyway, they get to the gate and for the first time since she has had the pass the attendant asks to see her identification. So while she is getting it out, my daughter runs up and says, “This is my mommy.” Well my niece (who is a year older than my daughter) decides that at this moment she is going to be jealous, so she begins arguing with my daughter.

She says, “No she isn’t! She’s MY mommy!”

Then Bella hollers, “She is not! She IS MY mommy!”

“She is my mommy and her name is Kristina Davis!” my niece finally hollers.

To which my precocious daughter replies, “Fine! She’s really my aunt but she told us to lie so we could get in the zoo for free!”

My sister said she wanted to die! The attendant raises her eyebrows but doesn’t say a thing and my sister just took her ID and walked through the gate as if it never happened. I told her that is what you get when you ask a six year old to lie!

No comments: